Amanda-Users

Re: sendsize failures on Fedora Core 4

2006-02-20 21:39:45
Subject: Re: sendsize failures on Fedora Core 4
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:31:39 -0500
On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 08:08:02PM -0500, Drew Derbyshire enlightened us:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
> >If I had to guess, I'd say you've got SELinux enabled and it's
> >interfering.
> >Anything in /var/log/messages to tell if that's the case?
> >
> No messages, but we have a winner anyway.  I kicked SELinux down to warn
> mode and *poof* now amanda works.
>
> That will teach me to turn on knobs without reading about them first.
>
> Thanks!
> -ahd-

If you can dig out the error messages, you can run audit2allow to find out
what you need to do to re-enable selinx in enforcing mode.

Out of curiosity, did you have it in strict or targeted mode?

You might file a bug report if you can nail down the problem. That should be
fixed in the selinux policy.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak