Amanda-Users

Re: LTO2 Drive / Linux anyone ?

2006-02-13 11:13:23
Subject: Re: LTO2 Drive / Linux anyone ?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:06:46 -0500
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:45:31AM -0600, Graeme Humphries wrote:

> We're using an LTO2 and an LTO3 changer, both the Magnum unit from
> Exabyte, and it's working perfectly under Ubuntu/breezy. Note that this
> changer has an IBM LTO drive internally, so I imagine that if you're
> looking for a single LTO drive IBM's would work well.

On eBay there are tons of bare IBM drives listed.
Not sure if this a good or bad thing :)

Feasible/difficult to put one of these into a generic scsi case?

Some of the IBM drives are listed as Fiber Channel.
Anyone know if their FC interface is an easily
removed FC -> SCSI converter?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)