Amanda-Users

RE: Microsoft & Oracle backups

2006-02-11 15:52:40
Subject: RE: Microsoft & Oracle backups
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:41:01 -0600
For Exchange you can use exmerge to dump all mailboxes to pst and then back that up. Also, you can use the microsoft backup to backup Exchange as a database (to a file). Run that backup before amanda and then backup that file. SQL can also backup to files which can then be backed up. Active Directory can be handled like Exchange I would think. Use MS backup and then backup that file.

Not the most elegant solution, but it will work.

Regards,
Gordon Mills