Amanda-Users

RE: Migrating to Amanda, question 1

2006-02-05 16:23:04
Subject: RE: Migrating to Amanda, question 1
From: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
To: "Salvatore Enrico Indiogine" <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:18:20 -0500

My connfiguration is not "too" different: a Dell optiplex dual pentium
with a Spectralogic 2K (a hand me down) with 30 slots; the OS is Centos.
You do need to install mtx (it comes with CentOS, which is a Red Hat EL
clone obtained from  metal filings scraped from the cabinet of a server
running RHEL). The mtx configuration in my case was trivial. It's a good
idea to function the changer device "by hand" to see that it works. I
had to do a modprobe sg in rc.local to make sure that the devices were
loaded.