Amanda-Users

RE: datcompression Tandberg SLR7 (solved)

2006-01-31 17:50:16
Subject: RE: datcompression Tandberg SLR7 (solved)
From: uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:39:45 +0100
Hi Matthias and all,

I tried "sginfo -6 -t 0xf -X /dev/sg0"
and "sginfo -6 -t 0xf -XR /dev/sg0 0 1 1 0 3 3"

and it worked after ejecting the tape. Tomorrow I can insert a new tape (the
drive is some kilometers away) and test it by "mt -f /dev/nst0
datcompression", which works only with a tape inserted.

mtst and sg_wr_mode are not available on my SuSE 9.1. I think I will update
it soon :-)

Thanks again!
Uwe

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit