Amanda-Users

RE: dumper: FATAL must be run setuid root

2006-01-31 05:54:43
Subject: RE: dumper: FATAL must be run setuid root
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:46:04 -0600
Gene Heskett schrieb:
> On Monday 30 January 2006 03:08, Leonid Shulov wrote:
>> After I have upgraded amanda in server side to 2.4.5p1-2 version it
>> stoped backup.
>> In log file of amdump I see:
>>
>>  dumper: FATAL must be run setuid root to communicate correctly
>>
> What means did you use to install it, rpms, debs, tarballs built onsite?

>Yes, Debian-packages, as mentioned before.
>
>To all users of AMANDA on Debian:
>Are these packages problematic in general?
>
>Thanks, Stefan

Stefan, the only problem I have had with the debian packages was with the
amverifyrun script. It probably depends on the version that you use. There
were some spaces at the end of the fgrep fields which caused it to not find
the tapes used. Once I deleted the extra space at the end of each line it
worked fine.

Oh yeah, there was one other issue with debian but it is not really amanda's
fault. You have to change the permissions on the tape device so that the
backup user can access it or add the backup user to the group.

Regards,
Gordon