Amanda-Users

Is it possible to have backup to DLT cartridge and the other within DLE to the 2* hard drives.

2006-01-30 13:14:59
Subject: Is it possible to have backup to DLT cartridge and the other within DLE to the 2* hard drives.
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:05:04 +0000
Hi List

I have beening looking into a external storage capacity problem whereby
my Organisation have three Linux Suse 9 Enterprise servers with DAT tap
drives that use 20GB native thus the server have a 80GB hard drive
capacity So anyway I am about to push for a 80GB DLT drive with a
Dedicated tower station reasonable priced with two scsi 73GB hard
drives.

I was wandering would it be possible to have the 80GB File/Document
server backup up to DLT cartridges but on the DLE (disk list entries)
have the two other servers which are also 80GB hard drives backuped to
the new dedicated Backup tower/server which has two 80GB hard drives as
I would prefer for maintenance and upgrades to have just one backup
server.

Cheers

Chuck
--