Amanda-Users

Re: control files in disks

2006-01-15 13:32:20
Subject: Re: control files in disks
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:23:38 +0100
Jens Theisen schrieb:
Hello!

Assuming you are backing up with gnutar, not dump,
have you read the docs or the amanda.conf comments
and checked out the "exclude" and "include" directives?

My environment is that of many machines to backup and a single backupserver; so this means I would have to setup a network filesystem to let the server access these files (or have the users but them somewhere on that machine). Also, I'm a bit concerned if an error in a single configuration file screws up the whole backup.

The exclude-files get placed on the clients!
No NFS needed.

Stefan