Amanda-Users

Backup on harddisk instead of tape

2006-01-11 22:26:03
Subject: Backup on harddisk instead of tape
From: Ryan Pagquil <rpagquil AT philonline DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:15:39 +0800
Hi,
I'm planning to use two harddisks with same capacity for my backup instead of tapes. On my tape-backup I have 14 tapes which I divided into two groups, group1 and group2, I have a dumpcycle of 7, so every week I consumes all the 7 tapes for each group. Whe I consumed the first group those tapes are marked as active tapes, then I will use the second group. After I consumed the second group (after a week of backup) it will be marked active and the first group will be overwritten for the following week. How could I implement this if I'm going to use harddisk instead of tapes?

Thanks,
Ryan