Amanda-Users

Re: linux 2.6.15 and tape problems with aic79xx driver

2006-01-11 14:04:18
Subject: Re: linux 2.6.15 and tape problems with aic79xx driver
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Freels, James D." <freelsjd AT ornl DOT gov>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:54:56 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 at 1:44pm, Freels, James D. wrote

If there is anything I can do to help debug this problem, please let me
know.
I have read over on the AMANDA-users mailing list that I am not the only
user
with problems getting their tape drives to work with the Adaptec
drivers.  I
have an LSI adapter that I may use next.  If this does not get fixed
soon, I
may never use Adaptec again.  This makes no sense why they (Adaptec)
would have
a driver out that fails.

Have you browsed and/or reported this on linux-kernel (or maybe linux-scsi, if it exists)? You're much more likely to get driver level support there than here.

Oh, and please don't send HTML email.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering