Amanda-Users

Re: howto make backup from backup

2006-01-11 05:23:02
Subject: Re: howto make backup from backup
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Stefan Herrmann <magic99de AT web DOT de>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:15:57 +0100
Stefan Herrmann wrote:
hello,

we are planning to set up a new backup server and want to use amanda to back up the client. i did already some testing with amanda and am satisfied so far. one thing we want for the production backup is that we want to backup to a disk library inhouse and additionally put the same backup data on a tape streamer at a different location. i read something about that in the amanda docu, but cant
remember correctly. so is there a feature like that in amanda ?

I wrote this a few weeks back:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Rait

That document is not yet finished.

The procedure as described now uses the vtape+one physical tape drive.
The drawback of such a setup us that it does not ASK for the correct
tape in the real tape. It's up to the operator to insert the correct
tape in the physical drive.
Using chg-manual would solve that too.

But I have to experiment a little with that part, but did not find time
yet.  Any feedback is welcome.

* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *
* F6, quit, ZZ, :q, :q!, M-Z, ^X^C, logoff, logout, close, bye, /bye, *
* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *