Amanda-Users

Re: Handitarded....odd (partial) estimate timeout errors.

2006-01-04 17:53:29
Subject: Re: Handitarded....odd (partial) estimate timeout errors.
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:38:56 -0700

--On January 4, 2006 4:30:53 PM -0500 Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> wrote:

You can find comments on the problem here:

        http://tinyurl.com/ca7pv

OK hmm.... something REALLY odd is happening. For the DLEs that failed there are multiple sendsize requests... one in the main/first REQ which it acks...then another request (a second or two later) that just for the DLEs that never make it, amandad claims this to be a dup P_REQ packet, acks it anyway, but doesn't apparently do any estimates of it.... I'm wary of sending the entire debug to the list, but if interested I'll send it directly to developer( s ).... I'm thinking maybe something funny is going on?