Amanda-Users

Re: Verizon subscribers -- off topic

2005-12-06 11:36:22
Subject: Re: Verizon subscribers -- off topic
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:22:42 -0500
On Tuesday 06 December 2005 04:01, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Paul Bijnens wrote:
>> [Off topic]
>>
>> This isn't the first time I'm hit with this nonsense: I can't send
>> mail to a Verizon email address.  And I'm surely not alone.
>>
>>   http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23703
>>
>> Just to let people know (Gene!) that I do send mail to them, I'm not
>> ignoring them.  But their provider is ignoring their users.
>>
>> Yes, I did fill out the whitelist request, twice already. Just enough
>> to get one mail pass through, and then a few weeks later, it bounces
>> again.
>>
>> If people with Verizon email addresses want to read my responses,
>> it's time to switch providers.
>>
>> Pfeew, that reliefs the anger a bit...
>
>I can confirm I cannot send email to Gene from work, but I can from
> home. Apparently it's unrelated to the sender address, but related to
> the outgoing SMTP server.

I am on the horn with these turkey's right now, and getting a bit of
static.

For everybodies attention, change the address to

 gene.heskett AT verizononline DOT net

this will bypass the ALL filtering.  I'll see if I can change that in
kmail, but they're saying this will take like 48-72 hours to implement
so its not effective till about friday.

So I'll try and remember to keep things posted here.

It looks like I'll need to resubscribe from the new address, damn!

Oh well, if it works I guess its ok, but having to tell everyone my new
address (the old one will still work too, for those for whom it worked
before) or at least those who cannot send me email.  The problem with
that is that if they don't relay through a mailing list such as this
one, I'll not know they are having a problem.  A bit like chicken vs
egg...
>Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
>      Geert
>
>--
>Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 --
> geert AT linux-m68k DOT org
>
>In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a
> hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or
> something like that. -- Linus Torvalds

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: