Amanda-Users

RE: Disable Tape Compression

2005-09-30 08:30:27
Subject: RE: Disable Tape Compression
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:24:53 +0100
Hi

My org uses SuSE 9 SLES servers and I used the following commands.

Turn off datacompression as Root run mt command that controls magnetic
tape
drive operation.

# Check datacompression status
myserver:~ # mt -f /dev/nst0 status

# Turns datacompression off
myserver:~ # mt -f /dev/nst0 datcompression 0
Compression off.

I hope this helps if not someone on the list will guide you as I have
made a lot of progress thru this mailinf list.

Cheers

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator
Chuck Amadi