Amanda-Users

RE: My Monthly archive config - issue

2005-09-29 12:33:21
Subject: RE: My Monthly archive config - issue
From: "Scott R. Burns" <Scott.Burns AT Netcontech DOT Com>
To: <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>, "Amanda List" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:23:11 -0400
I have a similar setup. I have HW compression turned off on the drive (HP
DAT24X6 changer).

In my monthly config:

dumpcycle 0 weeks
runspercycle 1
tapecycle 1000 tapes
runtapes 3

Also, record is turned off so my normal daily amanda config does not think
the level 0 has been completed after the monthly.

We never re-use our monthly tapes we send them offsite and leave them so
thats why I have it set to 1000. We use between 2-3 tapes on a monthly run
so runtapes is at 3.

Scott...

Scott R. Burns
NETCON Technologies Incorporated