Amanda-Users

Re: runtapes=1 effect

2005-09-23 18:40:42
Subject: Re: runtapes=1 effect
From: "John R. Jackson" <jrj AT purdue DOT edu>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:25:03 -0500
>> In other words, is runtapes only used by the planner ?
>
>No, it is used by taper too.  For example, amflush also uses runtapes.

Jon's comments are correct about what happens if you hit EOT.

However, I wanted to point out that planner **does** use runtapes as well
as taper (as you noted) and it will try very hard to reduce the amount
dumped to less than runtapes * tapelength.  So reducing runtapes from 2
to 1 does not just affect what happens if you hit EOT, it also affects
the schedule planner puts together.

>>Guy Dallaire
>Jon H. LaBadie

John R. Jackson, Senior Systems Analyst, Engineering Solutions, Inc