Amanda-Users

libintl

2005-09-21 13:31:02
Subject: libintl
From: Tony van der Hoff <lists AT nospam.vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:21:32 +0100
I recently updated my linux distro from Mandrake 10.1 to 10.2. Rather
foolishly, I decided to upgrade Amanda from 2.4.4 to 2.4.5 at the same time.
[I know - only change one thing at a time :( ]

Anyway, the result was that Amanda would no longer work, with the dreaded
"selfcheck request timed out". Finally, after much pulling out of hair, I
tracked down the cause to amandad not starting, because of a dependancy on
libintl.so.2, while the new distro only provides libintl.so.3. As a quick
fix, I symlinked .2 to .3, and got Amanda working.

Question: why this dependance on a rather ancient (2003) library? Will it
hurt to stick with the symlink, or should I obtain a .2 library?

--
Tony van der Hoff          | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England