Amanda-Users

Howto utilise DDS-4 20/40GB tape with Amanda

2005-09-09 04:47:20
Subject: Howto utilise DDS-4 20/40GB tape with Amanda
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:39:31 +0100
Hi I have managed to config the hard disk partitions in my disklist but
I am short of tape space to include the remainder of the hard disk
partitions.

I had initially run the following commands is it possible to get
compression functioning to enable to use 40GB as opposed to native 20GB.

* -  amtapetype -f /dev/nst0 # determine tape type takes along time
* -  turn off datacompression run mt command that controls magnetic tape
drive operation. * -  mt -f /dev/nst0 status and mt -f /dev/nst0
datcompression 0 Compression off.

As I don't want to buy bigger tapes if possible.

Cheers

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator
Chuck Amadi