Amanda-Users

Re: extimate server initial value?

2005-09-06 13:07:43
Subject: Re: extimate server initial value?
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:01:33 -0600
Paul Bijnens wrote:

Or is this a "level X without any historical data" (10000 KB above)
with a default "comprate 0.50 0.50" which results in getting about
5 MByte compressed size?

Yes, I think that's exactly it.

Are you 100% sure there was no "previous" run at all? e.g. from
some little test run or so.

Yep, I had just added a new disklist entry, and then that night the report it generated said it was expecting around 5000kb (probably after compression), and that it backed up 4GB. ;)

In any case, if it's hard coded I won't worry about it, I was just wondering if there was a user-configurable option somewheres.

Graeme

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
(306) 955-7075 ext. 485

My views are not the views of my employers.