Amanda-Users

Amanda unable to use amrecover ssince dumptype change for a New Monthly back up as well as Daily.

2005-09-06 08:39:27
Subject: Amanda unable to use amrecover ssince dumptype change for a New Monthly back up as well as Daily.
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:28:25 +0100
Hi I have just recently included a monthly backup script whereby I was
advised to amend the parameters of dumptype {
                           recored no
                           }
Thus as default was set to yes I would cause amanda confusion.
Also when I tried a amrecover exercise I am now unable to recover.
Basically where previously I would be told what tape to put into the
server after I set
setdate yyyy-mm-dd as below I was told which tape to use "Not Now"

I get Setting restore date to today But I want data from last Friday
which as a exercise was backed up and today we deleted the data for the
test but of cause I am unable to put the correct tape in. So if possible
has anyone any ideas as the only thing I can think of is the parameter I
changed.

root@myserver:/ # amrecover -s myserver.smtl.co.uk -t
myserver.smtl.co.uk

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p2. Contacting server on myserver.smtl.co.uk ...

220 myserver AMANDA index server (2.4.4p2) ready.

200 Access OK

Setting restore date to today (2005-09-06)

200 Working date set to 2005-09-06.

Warning: no log files found for tape SMTLSet109 written 2005-08-25

Warning: no log files found for tape SMTLSet108 written 2005-08-24

Warning: no log files found for tape SMTLSet107 written 2005-08-23

Warning: no log files found for tape SMTLSet106 written 2005-08-22

Warning: no log files found for tape SMTLSet105 written 2005-08-22

Warning: no log files found for tape SMTLSet104 written 2005-08-19

Scanning /dumps/amanda...

20050702: found Amanda directory.

20050707: found Amanda directory.

20050713: found Amanda directory.

20050714: found Amanda directory.

20050829: found Amanda directory.

20050905: found Amanda directory.

200 Config set to DailySet1.

501 Host myserver is not in your disklist.

Trying host myserver.smtl.co.uk ...

200 Dump host set to myserver.smtl.co.uk.

Trying disk / ...

$CWD '/' is on disk '/' mounted at '/'.

200 Disk set to /.

/