Amanda-Users

Re: Question about "data timeout".

2005-08-23 11:48:57
Subject: Re: Question about "data timeout".
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:36:26 -0600
Jon LaBadie wrote:
The documentation says: dtimeout int Default: 1800 seconds. Amount of
idle time per disk on a given client that a dumper running from within
amdump will wait before it fails with a data timeout error.

Glad I said I may be totally wrong :(

Even though the document reads that way, I've found it to *behave* the way you described, John. When I added a new disk to a server recently that was over 200GB, I had to increase the timeout, otherwise the dump itself would trigger the timeout and cause it to abort. Is this expected behavior? If so, should the docs be modified?

Graeme