Amanda-Users

removing file tapes

2005-06-30 15:41:00
Subject: removing file tapes
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie AT rfa DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:15:07 -0400
I can't seem to get amanda to really forget about some file tapes. I've
removed them with:
amrmtape rfaset1 rfaset1-slot<1-9>

They are no longer listed in tapelist.

but when I run amcheck I get messages like these for each of the removed
tapes:
amcheck-server: slot 4: rewinding tape: Input/output error
ERROR: /file_tapes0/rfaset1/data/: No such file or directory
ERROR: /file_tapes0/rfaset1/data/: No such file or directory

Additionally amcheck reports:
ERROR: new tape not found in rack
       (expecting a new tape)

If I manually recreate the /file_tapes0/rfaset1/data link to point to
one of my as yet unused vtapes amcheck is happy for that day and that
night's amdump runs fine. But, the next day amcheck reports the same
errors. Somehow the 9 removed vtapes are still being considered part of
my tapecycle and the last 9 tapes are not being used automatically.

Any suggestions? I've been looking through the docs but don't see this
situation described anywhere.

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia