Amanda-Users

Re: SMBCLIENT program not available

2005-06-29 21:08:11
Subject: Re: SMBCLIENT program not available
From: David Howard <David_Howard AT or.mxim DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:56:38 -0700
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

Please don't send HTML email. And why is Thunderbird mucking with the quoting so much?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 at 2:29pm, David Howard wrote

Hmm.  No go with FQDN's, I tried the amanda server's FQDN and also use
localhost.localdomain, but it still does not work.  It seems as if
amanda
still does not see the smbclient program.  When I run "amadmin
DailySet1
version" it does show the smbclient correctly: SAMBA_CLIENT="/usr/bin/smbclient" GNUTAR="/bin/gtar"
and /usr/bin/smbclient by itself works fine.   Is there a way to force
amanda to the absolute path for smbclient on the command line?

You don't happen to have 2 sets of amanda binaries, do you?  I.e., is
the one compiled before smbclient was installed still hanging around somewhere?

ARGH! I think that did it. The compiled amandad went to /usr/local/libexec/amandad and the xinetd.d/amanda was pointing to /usr/lib/amanda/amandad

I'll flog myself later... ;)    Thank you all for the suggestions.

Dave