Amanda-Users

Re: SMBCLIENT program not available

2005-06-29 17:41:53
Subject: Re: SMBCLIENT program not available
From: David Howard <David_Howard AT or.mxim DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:29:08 -0700
Jon LaBadie wrote:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:52:02PM -0700, David Howard wrote:

I am running a new backup server with a vanilla load of RedHat with an

LTO library:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon).

I have tried the stock amanda and samba packages, and got this error

on

amcheck:

ERROR: localhost: [This client is not configured for samba:
//sleepy/netapps]
ERROR: localhost: [This client is not configured for samba:

//sleepy/c$]

ERROR: localhost: [SMBCLIENT program not available]

smbclient works fine with these shares.  I have compiled amanda again

make sure that smbclient support is included.  And when I check with
amadmin, it is listed correctly.  I have verified and rebuilt the
/etc/amandapass file.  I used to run amanda backups on the same shares

on my previous backup server (running RedHat 8 and a DLT library), and

it worked fine.

Don't know,
but might the use of "localhost"
in your disklist be the problem.

Hmm.  No go with FQDN's, I tried the amanda server's FQDN and also use localhost.localdomain, but it still does not work.  It seems as if amanda still does not see the smbclient program.  When I run "amadmin DailySet1 version" it does show the smbclient correctly:  SAMBA_CLIENT="/usr/bin/smbclient" GNUTAR="/bin/gtar"
and /usr/bin/smbclient by itself works fine.   Is there a way to force amanda to the absolute path for smbclient on the command line?

Dave