Amanda-Users

Re: multiple gzip on same data!?

2005-06-29 13:37:47
Subject: Re: multiple gzip on same data!?
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:24:25 -0600
On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 11:12 -0600, Michael Loftis wrote:
> Then do client side compression?  Is there really a reason as to why you're
> not?

Client side compression gives me around 3-4 MB / sec data transfers.
Server side gives me around 10-15 MB / sec (with the current CPU in the
AMANDA server). Uncompressed FTP dumps get around 30-40 MB / sec. I have
600 GB to back up. ;)

>   Unless your clients are all extreeeemely slow that's what I would
> suggest.

They're pretty slow... :)

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
Linux Administrator

My views and comments do not necessarily reflect the views of my
employer.