Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck is ok, but amdump is not good

2005-06-24 12:22:09
Subject: Re: amcheck is ok, but amdump is not good
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:16:25 +0200
Lei Zhong wrote:
> Thanks.  I changed my disklist file to "amandtest.applimation.com
> /amtest comp-root-tar".  Now it didn't pass the amcheck.  Here is the error:
>

> ERROR: amandtest.applimation.com: [Can't open exclude file
> '/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar': No such file or directory] Client
> check: 1 host checked in 0.044 seconds, 1 problem found
>
> Exclude.gtar is an empty file, but does exist in that directory.  Amanda
> user has read access to the file.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Note that this file has to exist on the AMANDA-client, not on the server ...

OTOH: If that file is empty and you don't plan to use exclusions for
that DLEs you could also remove the line "exclude file ..." from your
tapetype-definition for comp-root-tar.

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member