Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck is ok, but amdump is not good

2005-06-24 12:22:08
Subject: Re: amcheck is ok, but amdump is not good
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:12:55 -0400
On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 12:00:44PM -0400, Lei Zhong enlightened us:
> Thanks.  I changed my disklist file to "amandtest.applimation.com
> /amtest comp-root-tar".  Now it didn't pass the amcheck.  Here is the
> error:
>

> ERROR: amandtest.applimation.com: [Can't open exclude file
> '/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar': No such file or directory] Client
> check: 1 host checked in 0.044 seconds, 1 problem found
>

> Exclude.gtar is an empty file, but does exist in that directory.  Amanda
> user has read access to the file.  Please advise.  Thanks.

It must exist on the _client_.

The other option is to change the dumptype definition:

define dumptype root-tar {
    global
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
    compress none
    exclude list optional ".amanda.exclude"
    priority low
}