Amanda-Users

Re[2]: server / lev 0 FAILED [/bin/tar returned 2] - server / lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]

2005-06-23 07:39:19
Subject: Re[2]: server / lev 0 FAILED [/bin/tar returned 2] - server / lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]
From: sgw AT amanda DOT org
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:30:53 +0200
Hello, Chuck,

on 23.06.2005, 12:35 you wrote to amanda-users AT amanda DOT org:

> # Thus use exclusions for all those sockets? This would remove all
> # those nasty ignore-errors and No media found in the Report.
> ./dev
> ./tmp
> ./var
> ./media/cdrom
> ./media/floppy

> I assume the last five entries are the correct syntax to Exclude those
> directories.

Yep, should work. Although I am not sure about the comments in that
file ("# Thus ..."). Never used comments in there but I think they
should get safely skipped. I am sure you'll let us know if it fails.

Also assure that you really want to exclude /var completely, I have
/var/spool/imap for example, where the cyrus-imapd keeps my mails ...

Best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger.

mailto://sgw AT amanda DOT org