Amanda-Users

Re: out-of-tape on dump errors

2005-06-22 04:19:16
Subject: Re: out-of-tape on dump errors
From: Peter Mueller <peter.mueller.ls AT elimpex DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:06:09 +0200
Hi Shaun!

If you think your harddisk is the problem, you should check it.

Did you make an fsck (file system check) or similar
(depending on the filesystem and os you are using) ?

Did you find any errors in yor system log ?
(harddisk read or write errors, controller errrors etc.)

Furthermore you could make a NON-destructive hard disk test.
How to do this also depends on your os capabilities - I dont remember
your initial mail - did you write which os and filesystem you
are using ?

Bye, Peter
WOTLmade

Shaun Feeley wrote:

Hi Peter,

I have started getting the out of tape error on a fairly large (~90GB)
and important partition.  After reading this thread and doing some
testing I do think there is actually something wrong with the partition.
I need to get this backing up again.  I am wondering if you have any
ideas as to what i could do to pin point what is wrong?

Thanks for your help Shaun