Amanda-Users

Archival backup problems

2005-06-20 19:03:17
Subject: Archival backup problems
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:50:41 -0700
I'm trying to run an archival backup which I run every 6 months or
so.  I hope to have a full backup of everything every 6 months.  This
is in addition to my standard backup, which includes incrementals, run
almost every week day.

It isn't working as I expect.

My daily amanda backup, however, is running fine.

Here are the parts of the amanda.conf which I think are relevant.  I'm
skipping the other 400 lines for now, though I will to post more lines
if someone needs more information.

I'm using amanda 2.4.5b1, with a couple of small changes I made.

The symptoms are that the same DLEs are backed up repeatedly, not
finishing the entire list of DLEs.  The DLEs aren't exactly the same
each day, but large DLEs are frequently backed up.  I use a different
config for the archival backups than I do for the standard backups.

dumpcycle 178 days
tapecycle 2000            # number of tapes in rotation.
runtapes     2          # number of tapes used

define dumptype default {
        dumpcycle 100
        maxcycle 0
        skip-incr yes