Amanda-Users

Re: amverify looping

2005-06-03 09:27:06
Subject: Re: amverify looping
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:14:48 -0400
On Friday 03 June 2005 07:14, Jukka Salmi wrote:
>Hi,
>
>on a Amanda 2.4.4p4 system which ran fine for some months I noticed
> today amverify was still running after about 5 hours; normally it
> only takes some minutes to complete. I killed the process, and then
> received the so far missing verify report (which was about 3MB...).
> For some reasons a certain file system was checked over and over
> again:

ISTR I may have had something like that, quite some time back now as I
usually update not more than 3-4 days behind a new snapshot, so
2.4.4p4 would have been quite a ways back up the calendar now & the
tarball succumbed to space recovery operations long ago.

Currently running 2.4.5-20050517.  I don't keep the emailed logs over
30 days, so I don't have a sample from 2.4.4p4.

You may want to build the latest 2.4.5 snapshot using the same config
parameters you used for 2.4.4p4 & give that one a try.  Thats the
main reason I long ago committed my configuration to a script that I
publish here from time to time, so check the list archives.  If it
doesn't show, I can post it again as its less than 20 lines of bash.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: