Amanda-Users

Re: disk offline?

2005-06-02 16:48:20
Subject: Re: disk offline?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:37:44 -0400
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:23:34PM +0200, Alexander Jolk wrote:
> Cameron Matheson wrote:
>
> >it's similar to my other clients which are all working
> >fine... why would it be sending this tar command? (the
> >other clients are all having '/' be their directory)
>
> Actually, I thought that you could give either a device name or a
> directory, and amanda would convert  either one to whatever is needed
> for your dump program (device for DUMP, path for GNUTAR).  Apparently,
> this doesn't work out in your case; I remember there having been a bug
> some time ago, but I can't recall the specifics.  (Anybody remember more
> detail here?)

Not the details of the bug.  What I was wondering was about
/etc/fstab.  The translation between device and mounted file system
is done, I think, by using the fstab file.  Recent practice in
linux (at least recent to me) is to use some symbolic tokens
in fstab.  I see one of my laptop fedora entries is:

  LABEL=/    /    ext3   defaults    1 1

>From that, I've no idea what disk device contains "/".
Probably amanda doesn't either.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)