Amanda-Users

i broke amanda when switching tape-changing scripts...

2005-05-31 11:40:18
Subject: i broke amanda when switching tape-changing scripts...
From: Cameron Matheson <cmatheson3 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:15:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

so i was having trouble w/ my tape-changing stuff...
then i realized that i should probably be using
chg-zd-mtx instead of chg-multi (i hope i'm right...
i'm running a spectra 12000c tape-changer... it's got
30 slots and two tape drives).  anyway, now that i've
switched, amanda will no longer run (i get this
error):

[DailySet1]# su amanda -c "amcheck -t DailySet1"
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
amcheck-server: could not get changer info: cannot
determine first slot

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

so it can't determine my slots... here's my various
config stuff... the section from my amanda.conf:

tapedev "/dev/nst0"
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
runtapes 1
changerfile "changer"
changerdev "/dev/sg2"

i don't actually have a /etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer,
but i did make a changer.conf (that's what the
comments in chg-zd-mtx told me to do), here's that:

[root@db1 DailySet1]# cat changer.conf
firstslot 1
lastslot 17
cleanslot -1
havereader 1
offline_before_unload 0

i'm only using the first 17 slots because the rest of
the slots are empty right now.  running the test stuff
w/ chg-zd-mtx works like a charm, i can switch slots,
see my status, etc.  but when it comes to the amanda
part, nothing works.  any ideas?

Thanks everyone,
Cameron Matheson