Amanda-Users

Re: AMANDA-docs Update

2005-05-30 06:05:47
Subject: Re: AMANDA-docs Update
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:40:21 +0200

We also consider
splitting amanda.conf (in the example-subdir) into several single
files to have separate files for dumptypes, tapetypes and such.

That sounds good to me; these are sufficiently distinct concepts so as to warrant a proper configuration file. I think that would allow newcomers to identify more easily where parameters are to be tuned in case something doesn't work out.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29