Amanda-Users

AMANDA-docs Update

2005-05-27 18:16:07
Subject: AMANDA-docs Update
From: sgw AT amanda DOT org
To: jon AT jgcomp DOT com
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:47:01 +0200
Hello, amanda-users and amanda-hackers,

I am happy to inform you that I have just published the current
AMANDA-docs on www.amanda.org.  (pdf and html updated, the ps-output
seems currently broken :-( ).

Main changes:

- Split of the amanda.8-manpage: New manpage amanda.conf.5
  Updates and corrections.

Please let me know you opinion on this step, we decided to do so
because amanda.8 had grown way to big over the years. We also consider
splitting amanda.conf (in the example-subdir) into several single
files to have separate files for dumptypes, tapetypes and such.

There are pros and cons as always, I'd like to hear the voice of you,
the AMANDA-community, on this.

- New FAQ-items (Bumping, Windows. Gnutar: Thanks, Paul. iptables : Thanks,
Matt ...)

- New Wrapper-HOWTO (Thanks, Bert ...)

- Update and Cleanup of the Installation-Chapter, addition of
daemontools-instructions (Thanks, Filip ...)

- Many other fixes and improvements ...

---

As always suggestions and patches welcome.

APAW.

;-)

Best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger,