Amanda-Users

using several NFS mounts as file tape

2005-05-25 14:12:34
Subject: using several NFS mounts as file tape
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie AT rfa DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:54:11 -0400
I'm using the file driver for virtual tapes. The vtapes will live on
several NFS mounts. It's easy enough to mount these on several mount
points and link the tapes into a common directory. That's what I've been
doing and it works fine. But, I was wondering if this is how others are
doing it.

The current plan looks like this:
/file_tapes1    1.4TB NFS mount
/file_tapes2    1.4TB NFS mount
/file_tapes3    ~900GB NFS mount

/file_tapes0/rfaset1/ contains links to slotNN directories in each of
the NFS directories. Seems to work fine. But, I just wondered if all
slots necessarily have to look like they live in the same directory.

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia