Amanda-Users

Still having amcheck Amanda Client Host down!

2005-05-18 10:26:30
Subject: Still having amcheck Amanda Client Host down!
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:16:26 +0100
Hi I have nuked amanda and started again

I still get Warning Amanda Client Host ! down
and when I check /var/log/messages

amandad cant open debug file.
My /tmp/amanda directory ownership below.
drwx--S---   2 amanda   disk          528 May 18 15:11 amanda

server:/var/lib/amanda # netstat -a | egrep amanda
tcp        0      0 *:amandaidx             *:*
LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:amanda                *:*
udp        0      0 *:amanda                *:*
server:/var/lib/amanda #

I have my server FQDN server amanda and server root in my ~amanda
/.amandahosts file.

Is there anything I may of missed.