Amanda-Users

ERROR: new tape not found in rack

2005-05-17 17:21:51
Subject: ERROR: new tape not found in rack
From: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:10:16 -0500
I was deleting old amanda installs that I'd inherited. I accidently deleted part of the current installation. I was able to untar the file again and reconfigure it. I had the configuration files in a tarball, so I just had to untar that to get pretty much back to normal. I edited the tapelist to make sure the should-be-current tape was the last one listed: I moved to the top of the file and zeroed out the dates on the entries for tapes that had been used since the tarball was made. I then ran amcheck again, and now I am getting:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/spool/amanda: 36514724 KB disk space available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20050415 label Server01-0034 (active tape)
amcheck-server: slot 2: date 20050415 label Server01-0035 (active tape)
ERROR: new tape not found in rack
      (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 0.716 seconds

How do I get it to restart at tape Server01-0034 ?

Vicki

P.S. I am sorry to be asking so similar a question to one that I have asked before, but I thought I'd done what I was told to do before, and I am still stuck.