Amanda-Users

Re: Errors when running amcheck - # su amanda -c "/usr/sbin/amcheck possible configure issue.

2005-05-17 08:12:58
Subject: Re: Errors when running amcheck - # su amanda -c "/usr/sbin/amcheck possible configure issue.
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 07:55:36 -0400
On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 09:57:08AM +0100, Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator
enlightened us:
> I am running SuSE Linux Enterprise server 9.
>
> I will install from the default amanda rpm I would prefer to use the
> source though.
>
> I have read a dit about readline and it is required if I intend to use
> amrecover.

There is no need to install amanda from RPM. You need to install the
readline development library. On RedHat that is readline-devel. I'm not sure
what it is on SuSE, you'll have to look into it. Once that is installed, you
should be able to reconfigure amanda and have it pick up the readline
libraries.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak