Amanda-Users

amrecover Error 500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed from root AT server.domain.co DOT uk] amandahostsauth failed

2005-05-16 05:54:03
Subject: amrecover Error 500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed from root AT server.domain.co DOT uk] amandahostsauth failed
From: Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:38:05 +0100
Hi I have checked my FQDN entries in /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts
I have the correct entries in my /etc/hosts file.
I have the three services in my /etc/xinet.d file
amanda , amandaidx and amidxtape and I am running amrevoce as root

Any ideas as I am not running it as amanda.

server:/local/sw/amanda/bckup # /local/sw/amanda/bckup/sbin/amrecover -C
DailySet1 -t server -s server
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p4. Contacting server on server ...
220 server AMANDA index server (2.4.4p4) ready.

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator

The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.