Amanda-Users

Re: amanda client version 2.4.5

2005-05-13 01:57:52
Subject: Re: amanda client version 2.4.5
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Lei Zhong <lzhong AT applimation DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 00:40:39 -0500
--On Friday, May 13, 2005 01:08:24 -0400 Lei Zhong <lzhong AT applimation DOT
com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Thank you all very much for the help.  I finally figured out my problem.
> It was that I didn't remove the tape label properly.  I didn't run
> amrmtape before I ran amlabel on the same tape.
>
> Can somebody tell me how to compile and install amanda client using
> amanda-2.4.5.tar.gz?  I need to deploy clients on the machines I need to
> back up.  Thanks, lei

ont the client:
tar -xzf amanda-2.4.5.tar.gz
cd amanda-2.4.5
read through docs/INSTALL
./configure  (with appropriate options, usually the same ones used for the
  server install, possibly adding --without-server)
make
su -
make install

Frank

Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                                 Voice: 512-374-4673
Hoover's Online                                             Fax: 512-374-4501