Amanda-Users

Re: split disklist aphabetically

2005-05-12 14:01:03
Subject: Re: split disklist aphabetically
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:40:55 -0400
* Luc Lalonde <Luc.Lalonde AT polymtl DOT ca> [20050512 12:51]:
> Hello Folks,
>
> What are your recommendations for spliting directories with excludes
> without having to reorganize directories in a partition that I want to
> backup?
>
> Basically, I want:
>
> client   /foo/a*   dumptype-a
> client  /foo/b*    dumptype-b
> .
> .
> .
> client /foo/z*      dumptype-z
>
> Is this something that can be done?   What are the problems associated
> with this aproach?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
> PS:  I seem to remember someone else asking the same question on this
> mailing-list.   However, I can't seem to find the reference.

Here's what I'm using on a 1.5TB partition /data/ma/ma1
to be backed up with an LTO1 Ultrium tape drive:

bullcalf ma1_f /data/ma/ma1/f {
    high-tar
} 1

bullcalf ma1_l /data/ma/ma1/l {
    high-tar
} 2

bullcalf ma1_m /data/ma/ma1/m {
    high-tar
} 3

bullcalf ma1_s /data/ma/ma1/s {
    high-tar
    exclude append "./fil/*"
    exclude append "./jen/*"
    exclude append "./jorge/*"
    exclude append "./karine/*"
    exclude append "./repric/*"
    exclude append "./sandra/*"
    exclude append "./shirley/*"
} 4

bullcalf ma1_s_fil /data/ma/ma1/s/fil {
    high-tar
} 5

etc for the other excluded dirs in ma1_s.

The dumptype high-tar is gnutar with no compression
and with index and record turned on. Works for me!

jf