Amanda-Users

Re: Backup of the backup machine

2005-05-10 10:54:43
Subject: Re: Backup of the backup machine
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:21:24 +0200
Hi, Jens,

on Dienstag, 10. Mai 2005 at 13:16 you wrote to amanda-users:

JT> I want to have one of the disks in the disklist be on the server that
JT> does the backup. However, I can't get amandad (or anything else) running
JT> with xinet.d on the amanda service. My guess would be that it's really a
JT> conflict between the client and the server running on the same machine,
JT> both taking the same port out of /etc/services.

JT> Is there a way around this?

Proper configuration.

Follow the installation-instructions, this is a very common setup.
Check your xinetd.d-entries and your /etc/services, make sure that the
daemons (like amandad) are really located where your files point to.

Also check for typos again.

Does xinetd start? What do its logfiles say?

It would also help if you could provide more detail on what symptoms
you see. Just "can't get it running" isn't enough to enable us to help
you in more detail.

--
best regards,
Stefan