Amanda-Users

Dell Powervault 132T tape library

2005-05-09 11:10:29
Subject: Dell Powervault 132T tape library
From: Carlos Scott <cscott AT mct.gov DOT ve>
To: centos AT centos DOT org, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 10:45:14 -0400
Hello all.

I'm struggling to get Centos 4 to recognize my Dell Powervaul 132T tape
changer. The system doesnt create a device node for it.

[root@orion scotty]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SEAGATE  Model: DAT    DAT72-052 Rev: A060
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: ULTRIUM-TD2      Rev: 37RH
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi3 Channel: 01 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: PE/PV    Model: 1x8 SCSI BP      Rev: 1.1
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi3 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MegaRAID Model: LD0 RAID5 39760R Rev: 350O
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

It does recognize the tape device as sg1, but not the changer

[root@orion scotty]# /usr/sbin/mtx -f /dev/sg1 inquiry
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'IBM     '
Product ID: 'ULTRIUM-TD2     '
Revision: '37RH'
Attached Changer: No

I corrected the typo in the /etc/hotplug/scsi.agent file:

--> 8) TYPE=changer ; MOUDLE=sg ;;
corrected to --> 8) TYPE=changer ; MODULE=sg ;;

and also added the following line to /etc/modprobe.conf

options scsi_mod max_luns=128

I rebuilt the initrd but it still doest work.

If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be really thankfull

Cheers thanks in advance.