Amanda-Users

amrecover: connection refused

2005-05-06 12:22:34
Subject: amrecover: connection refused
From: "Lei Zhong" <lzhong AT applimation DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 12:03:13 -0400

I just installed Amanda server and client on a Fedora machine.  I ran amcheck and amdump locally.  They were both successful.  However, when I ran amrecover, I got the error "amrecover: cannot connect to <FQDN of my machine>: connection refused".  I checked /etc/host and hosts.allow.  I also put amandaidx and amidxtape under /etc/xinetd.d.  I tried solutions posted on FAQ of Amanda.  It still doesn't work.  Can somebody tell me what I should look into?  I appreciate your help.  Thank you, lei