Amanda-Users

Re: huge file showing up

2005-03-16 16:09:11
Subject: Re: huge file showing up
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:59:52 +0100
Gene Heskett wrote:

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 09:43, Vicki Stanfield wrote:

I have noticed that two large files which are of type GNU tar
archive and named in the format:
hostname._net_hostname_home_user.20041221.2 (exactly matches an
entry in disklist except that the slashes in the path are now
underscores and the date and another number are appended)

That has most all of the marks of accidentally including the holding disk area in a disklist entry, and its going to be recursively backing itself up till it runs out of disk.

If you want to backup the holdingdisk itself (e.g. because it contains
some other valuable data), then add the "holdingdisk no" directive to
the dumptype of that disklistentry.  In that case amanda schedules
this DLE last and bypassing the holdingdisk dumping directly to tape
to avoid (re)cursing.