Amanda-Users

Amanda always calculating as if level 0

2005-03-10 20:22:06
Subject: Amanda always calculating as if level 0
From: "Marc N. Cannava" <mnc AT botcave DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:13:42 -0500
Hi all,

I've been using Amanda for a while with no issue.

I recently moved from RH9 to Gentoo and re-installed amanda with the latest version available in the ebuild tree (amanda 2.4.4_p3). Using my same config files and backing up to disk (using chg-disk).

Very, very odd problem now: No matter how many times Amanda runs, she always calculates the dump sizes as if they are level 0, even when she wants to do a level 1.

Example:

ziyal -ata2/homes 1 13306200 13306200 -- 13:5615917.9 13:5715903.2

This is supposedly a level 1 of this filesystem, but the filesystem's data size is:

13526260        /data2/homes

So obviously Amanda isn't doing a level 1 here even though she thinks she is.

The problem here is that every night my backups fail because there's always too much data to put on the backup medium, and Amanda can never seem to get a level 1. Note that this particular filesystem has been backed up seven times, the first time was a level 0 and each time after was a "level 1" but Amanda dumped the full 13gb partition each time.

Help? Any ideas why Amanda can't seem to get level 1 calculations correct?

Thanks!

\marc

--
mnc AT pobox DOT com