Amanda-Users

Re: How to reconfigure email notifications?

2005-02-24 09:58:03
Subject: Re: How to reconfigure email notifications?
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: Matt Emmott <memmott AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:44:45 +0000
Matt

so what happens if you email out as root to root@thebackupmachine?

do the emails arrive?

have a look in the maillog for clues..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
Solid State Logic
Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

Matt Emmott wrote:
This sounds like an easy mod, but I can't for the life of me find out
where to make the change.

Our backup box sends its report emails to root@thebackupmachine
whenever a backup job is completed. However, I just switched the box
from sendmail to postfix so that I could do some internal email stuff
on it unrelated to backups. The problem is, now I'm no longer
receiving email notifications when backup jobs are completed. Can
someone tell me where/ how the mail MTA is specified, and how to
modify it?

Again, I apologize if this is a basic question - I can't seem to find
any info on it.

Thanks,
Matt Emmott

the system manager.