Amanda-Users

Re: stuck with amrecover

2005-02-22 13:25:04
Subject: Re: stuck with amrecover
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:15:34 -0500
On Tuesday 22 February 2005 10:54, ddaasd wrote:
>Hi list,
>I am stuck with amrecover.
>I want to recover data from my tapes.
>On the backed up client (the host from the disklist file) I run
> amrestore. I get the following error message:
>
>AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p1. Contacting server on localhost ...
>amrecover: cannot connect to localhost: Connection refused
>
>I also tried #amrecover -C myconfig -s IP_OF_THE_BACKUP_SERVER
>
>I receive the same message.
>
>How can I restore my backups? What do I do wrong?
>

>ddaas

I think this is a good time to have you read the friendly manual,
paying close attention to who you are when running amrecover, the
contents of the appropriate .amandahosts file on the server, and how
the amanda related stuff in /etc/xinetd.d is setup.  Also, if using
hosts files, the contents of the hosts file being referenced.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: