Amanda-Users

RE: Runtar error

2005-02-21 14:12:30
Subject: RE: Runtar error
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:01:14 -0600
> Humm I missed this in the first read, did you do an ldconfig
> after the install of the libs?  And what do you mean by
> building new libs?
> Theres more to amanda than just the libs...

I built the entire amanda package... My apologies for the
misunderstanding.  I did an ldconfig, and will find out tomorrow if that
resolved the problem or not.  If ldconfig were the issue, then wouldn't
I see a problem when doing an amcheck on the amanda server?

> Note the 's' in the perms.  When you installed amanda, what user were
you?
> If it came from rpms, fuss at the packager, then remove it and put in
the tarball home built
> version, lots, lots less trouble in the long run.

Gene, the ls -l showed tar, not runtar.  Here is what my runtar shows:

-rwsr-x--x  1 root amanda 9947 Feb 16 10:43
/usr/local/dist/libexec/runtar

I'll update this thread tomorrow, and let you know if the ldconfig
helped at all.  Thanks for the input.

-Rob